A melty, creamy, fruity scoop of ice cream atop a crispy, crunchy sugar cone is something that just makes your mouth water just thinking about. There is nothing better than a frosty, luscious homemade dessert right after dinner. These treats not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but also bring the family closer. They are delicious, fresh and fun to make. What’s more, you can use the best quality ingredients or customize your flavors. Below are just a few of the many recipes that you can create when you have your very own ice cream maker machine.
Huckleberry Homemade Cheesecake Ice Cream
When made with the season’s sweetest ingredients, this dessert captures the heart of summer. This frosty treat gets its delectably rich texture and taste from an immersion of fluffy cream cheese. Try this fruity ice cream with fresh huckleberries. If huckleberries are not available, try substituting blackberries or raspberries.
For the recipe:
- Take 2 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- Pour in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add 1 cup castor sugar and continue whisking until well combined.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan, whisk together 4 eggs and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place pan over medium flame and whisk mixture until fluffy.
- Strain into a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Next, whisk in 1 cup whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 cups huckleberries.
- Blend huckleberries or blueberries or raspberries with 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add the berries to the prepared mixture.
- Whisk in cream cheese mix until well incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for approximately 4 hours until chilled.
- Next, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and process it accordingly. Once it is made, stir in some more berries.
This recipe is super tasty and healthy. The berries are rich in nutrients, minerals and vitamins that are indispensable for your health. Enjoy this summery treat!
Peach Cobbler Homemade Ice Cream
Turn juicy summer peaches into creamy ice cream. This fruit adds a twist to this luscious and balanced frosty recipe. Addition of basil and fresh figs make for a syrupy taste. A pinch of cinnamon, adds depth to the ice cream.
For the recipe:
- Take a medium saucepan. Add two cups sugar and 4 eggs.
- Whisk them together and gradually add 1 cup whole milk and a pinch of salt.
- Place pan over medium heat.
- Whisk until mixture becomes a little thick.
- Lower heat and whisk mixture for approximately 10 minutes.
- Strain into a large bowl.
- Next add 2 cups peeled and pureed peaches and incorporate them well into the mixture.
- Add 1 cup whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 cup half-and-half to the mixture.
- Whisk well.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Now refrigerate for approximately 4 hours until chilled.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker.
- Add 1 cup figs and some basil. Follow manufacturer’s instructions and process it accordingly.
Another nutritional and healthy recipe! Peaches provide 6 percent of your daily requirement of vitamin A. They also provide 15 percent of your daily requirement of vitamin C. Figs and basils are one of the world’s healthiest foods. They are a great source of fiber, antioxidants and nutrients. Enjoy this sweet and healthy treat!
If you are looking for a refreshing and light way to end your meal, this is a perfect recipe. Fruity yet rich- this is a classic homemade ice cream.
For the recipe:
- Chop 600 grams strawberries.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of castor sugar over it and leave them to impregnate with flavor.
- Pour 500 ml milk and 500 ml double cream into a large saucepan.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Place pan over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs and 3/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Put the pan back on the heat with milk, cream, sugar and egg mixture.
- Stir for 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor.
- When the mixture is cool, fold in strawberry puree.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice.
- Next, add this mixture to your ice cream maker.
- Allow it to freeze for a couple of hours.
- Garnish with some strawberries and lemon zest and enjoy!
Fun At Home
These are just some of the fun things that you can make with your family when you have your own machine. If you are looking for a great activity that will get your kids out of their rooms then ice cream is the way to go. They are not that expensive. After combing through some of the reviews of the best home machines we found high quality options for every budget. Nothing brings everyone to the kitchen like the call for dessert and this is why we always recommend one of these small appliances for any home with children. You might just be surprised with the enjoyment one of these machines can bring to your family and why they are worth every penny.